A walkthrough of some suggestions for ensuring the highest quality data in your AngelTrack server, and the common pitfalls
Curation of Facility and Patient Records
AngelTrack gathers mountains of billing data, all of it keyed to patients and facilities. Unfortunately, it is necessary for someone at each agency to curate the patient and facility records to keep them up-to-date, and to remove duplicates that are accidentally created from time to time.
Curating the Facility Records
AngelTrack stores a list of facilities, which are places that frequently serve as the origin and/or the destination of a call. Each facility's record includes its name, address, phone number, fax number, sales and billing contacts, contract information, plus many statistics.
The following datafields must be kept up-to-date:
- HCPCS type
- Billing container, if connected to an H facility
- Billing contact
- Contract status, and whether the contract includes wheelchair service
- Pricing (editable from the Pricing page, and also from the particular Facility Edit page)
Someone must also be responsible for eliminating duplicate facility records that dispatchers may inadvertently create from time to time. Using the Facility Edit page, you can view a list of suspected duplicate facility records. To learn more, read the Facility Records Guide.
Curating the Patient Records
Patient records contain a few billing fields that must be kept up-to-date:
- Key demographic information like SSN and DOB when found to be missing or incorrect (missing data is reported in the Missing Demographics Queue)
- Residence facility, if the patient's transports are covered by a hospice contract
- Insurance information, including back-dated corrections as necessary
- Pricing schedule, if given a personal rate below retail
Lastly, someone must also be responsible for eliminating the occasional duplicate patient records that dispatchers and crews may accidentally create from time to time. Duplicates usually happen when the last name has a strange spelling or when a patient has a maiden name.
AngelTrack provides some assistance in locating and eliminating duplicate patient records. To learn how, read the Duplicate Patient Records Guide.